Fall season means soup season, and we LOVE soup season! The crisp fall air coming in through the open windows, your favorite fall candle, an old sweatshirt, and warm apple cider in your favorite mug is the perfect setting for a fantastic fall day. It wouldn’t be fall without adding a little pumpkin to something (or everything). Out of all the pumpkin recipes we could think of, nothing ranks as high on our Fall Must Have list as this creamy & delicious Pumpkin Soup!
Our favorite part of this recipe is hitting up our local pumpkin patch and hand picking the pumpkin we are going to use to make our pumpkin soup! There’s no shame in your game if you would rather pick up a can of pumpkin from the grocery store, but there is nothing quite like using fresh pumpkin. We promise you, once you try it you won’t want it any other way!
Make this delicious creamy pumpkin soup on your next relaxing Saturday at home.
CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP
Prep Time: 15 Minutes • Cook Time: 30 Minutes • Servings: 4
2 pounds Pumpkin (fresh, or canned if you need to)
2 Medium Carrots, chopped
2 TBSP Butter
1 TSP oil
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1 TBSP Garlic, minced
4 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock (Chef Jordan’s homemade chicken stock is our go to)
2 Sprigs Thyme
½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Optional: If you want to add a little extra protein kick to your soup, add chicken like our Chef did. You could also add tofu or pork.
- Skin and deseed your hand picked pumpkin and cut into small cubes
- In a large pan melt butter and oil
- Add sliced onion and garlic
- Once the onion has softened, add chopped carrot and pumpkin
- Roast for about 10-15, stirring every couple minutes
- Add chicken (or vegetable) stock when you see small brown spots appearing on the pumpkin
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper
- Cover with lid and cook until veggies are tender and cooked all the way through
- Remove from stovetop and remove sprig of thyme
- Blend until smooth using a hand blender.
- Stir in heavy cream
- Add your protein of choice on top if desired
- Serve in your favorite soup bowl and enjoy!